Friday, February 8, 2008

Karaoke with the Monkey

And now for your listening pleasure, Eleanor "the Monkey" Gacek is ready to take the stage.

Thank you Minneapolis and thank you Ringmaster for that wonderful introduction. Hello everyone and thank you for coming. You know, being 10 and a half months, I've learned a lot about life, love, and music. So in honor of Valentine's Day, I'd like to sing you one of my all-time favs: "Love Hurts" by Nazareth.

Love hurts, love scars, Love wounds, and marks,
Any heart, not tough, Or strong, enough
To take a lot of pain, Take a lot of pain
Love is like a cloud Holds a lot of rain
Love hurts, ooh ooh love hurts
I'm young, I know, But even so
I know a thing, or two I learned, from you
I really learned a lot, Really learned a lot
Love is like a flame: It burns you when its hot
Love hurts, ooh ooh love hurts

Some fools think of happiness Blissfulness, togetherness
Some fools fool themselves I guess. They're not foolin me

I know it isnt true, I know it isnt true
Love is just a lie, Made to make you blue
Love hurts, ooh, ooh love hurts Ooh,ooh love hurts

GUITAR SOLO-Take it Abigail!!!

Wait, what? I wasn't, what now?

I know it isn't true, I know it isn't true
Love is just a lie, Made to make you blue
Love hurts, ooh ooh love hurts
Ooh ooh love hurts
Ooh ooh...love hurts.

Oh thank you Minneapolis! You are so kind, so kind. We love playing here! Thank you! We'll be back soon!



Yeah, don't ask what that was, but just know that I thought it was funny. It just looked like she was singing and that song popped into my head and....


See what we have to deal with?? Sigh. I sure hope those weird genes all went to Eleanor and not me!






3 comments:

gachevsky said...

You sure have a wacky sense of humour.

Aidan and Rowan said...

Okay, that just killed me. We moms gotta have a little fun with our babies. Keeps us sane, right?

Anonymous said...

oh aren't they just adorable


-Marissa Ackerson
oh yea its me