Thursday, October 7, 2010

ROUSes



Yeah. That was in our garage. Well, not THAT one specifically, as the one above is stock footage from Google, but one of it's brethren. I came out in to the garage both Tuesday and Wednesday mornings to find stuff knocked off of shelves and junk everywhere, like someone had rummaged through the garage. On Wednesday, not only was stuff on the floor, but it was wet.
Totally freaked out, I get into work and find this in my email box from Chris along with afore mentioned (and pictured) stock footage:

That was in our garage! I went in the garage this morning and all kinds of things were toppled over. First I made sure our car stereos were still there to rule out a burglar. I thought maybe a squirrel had gotten in through the roof somehow. As I was picking up stuff, I noticed a head pop up out of one of the boxes by the Christmas stuff. It was too big and pointy to be a squirrel. I was hoping it would flee after noticing me, but no luck. I made some noise, but it still go anywhere. So, I decided to bring out the big guns. I hooked the nozzle to the side sprinkler, turned it on full blast, and sprayed that sucker out of there!! It took him a minute to react to all of the water. I’m sure he was a little frightened. He went running down the driveway into the darkness. He must have been in there for a couple of days. Probably snuck in there while the door was open.


To which I replied:
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG


So on the ride home Wednesday night, I told the girls about our visitor. Below is the conversation:
me: Girls, we had big animal the size of Ewok [our cat] called an opossum in our garage last night. Daddy got it out with the hose. That's why everything was wet
Ellie: What his name was?
me: I don't know.
Ellie: How about Carl?
Abbie: Yeah, Carl. And his last name is Hyde. Carl Hyde. That's his name.

So Godspeed Carl Hyde. Sorry for squirting you with a hose at 6:30 in the morning. Please don't enact any vengeance upon our house. Until next time, I leave you with this: "Rodents of unusual size? I don't think they exist."
Peace and thumbs.

1 comment:

betseyp said...

You're my favorite.