Thursday, July 29, 2010

When I was a kid, I had this album:


I loved it. I think I listened to it every day on my Fisher Price record player. One of my favs was "Why, Why, Why," with choice lines like "Why can't a mouse eat a streetcar?" and "Why can't a cow have kittens?"

Well, apparently it affected my genes, because the girls highly excel at why questions. Could also be because they are 3, but I prefer to blame Anne Murray. Dang Canadians and their feel-good music! But I digress. Below you will find some of Clan Gacek's more choice Whys:

> "Why is the sky bleeding?" - Ellie on the very red evening sky after a recent storm
> "Why his mom let him draw all over himself?" - Ellie upon seeing Twins closer Jon Rausch for the first time
> "Why it's raining in here?" - Ellie on why her head was wet while sitting on my lap at Toy Story 3 (I was crying.)
> "Why you don't shave your legs, Daddy?" - Ellie
> "What his/her name is? Why?" - Either of them on seeing other people out in the world
> "Why don't you wear jammies, Dad?" - Abbie
> "Why we named your car Johnny Cash?" - Ellie
> "Why did they break that road?" - Abbie on seeing road construction by Cindy's house
> "Why are those cars getting piggie backs?" - Abbie on seeing a semi carrying cars, presumably to a dealership
> "Why it [current day of the week]?" - Ellie.
> "Why Johnny Cash eats gas? - Ellie after we pull into a gas station to fill up
> "Why Johnny Cash's air conditioning doesn't work? Why Grammy's does?" - Ellie puzzling out broken car accessories
And one of my faves: "Why don't daddies wear bras?" - Abbie after helping fold/put away laundry.

Yeah, I ask that sometimes myself, Little Bear. Until we find out, peace and thumbs.

No comments: