Monday, August 2, 2010

Sunday Funnies

Three-year-olds are funny, in all senses of the word, really, but here I mean "ha-ha funny." Don't go all Pesci on me! (If you get that veiled "Goodfellas" reference, yay!)
So anyway, back to my budding comediennes. Yesterday was a banner day for them. They were funny from sun up to sun down. Below you will find some of their gems. Enjoy!

Natural Progression:
Ellie wakes me up yesterday and says, "I think you should teach Daddy to do laundry." Struggling to wake up and comprehend what she just said, I said, "Oh, why?" "Well, he knows how to do ponies!"
Apparently the pre-requisite for laundering our clothing is the ability to successfully create a ponytail in Eleanor's hair.

Buttering Uncovered:
So anyone who knew Ellie as a younger toddler, knew she had this weird habit of sitting on the floor with her arms and legs straight out in front of her and would rock side to side. She did this from about the time she could sit up and move on her own to almost 3 years old. When she could talk, she named it "Buttering" or "Buttering my butt." Yesterday, both girls are in the backseat and out of the blue, Abbie asks Ellie about buttering. "Why did you do that, Ellie?" Ellie says in an astounded voice, "I don't know, but I just couldn't stop!"
Proof positive that addiction starts at a young age.

Po-TAY-toe, puh-TAH-toe, Creole?:
Still in the car and still in the back seat, Ellie looks out the window and sees a Taco Belle. "That Taco Bill," she says? "Yes," I said. "That's Taco Belle." "MMMMM, I like Taco Bill. You like Taco Bill, Abbie?" "Yeah, I like Taco Bill, Ellie!" Finally, I said, "Is Taco Bill anything like Taco John's?" to which Abbie says, "Chocolate Don's?!? Where's that? I want to go there!!"
Obviously we need to get a little more aggressive in either cleaning out their ears, or enunciating when we speak!

I know I say it all the time, but I really need to live my life with a tape recorder. Every day is a collection of bits that would put any comedian to shame. So until next time, Laugh. And you're welcome for the additional years of life!

1 comment:

Seza said...

So funny it hurts.